JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER TO ENGAGE VISITORS WITH THE HISTORY OF NOTTINGHAM PEOPLE AT BREWHOUSE YARD!
Brewhouse Yard Lead Garden Volunteer – Nottingham CastleGo to Nottingham City Museums
Brewhouse Yard Lead Garden Volunteer – Nottingham Castle
Why we want you
Are you an enthusiastic gardener, who enjoys working with and talking to people and are confident in taking responsibility for a small group of volunteers? Have you got a day or two a week free? If so, read on! We are looking for a couple of people who can help lead the volunteer team working in the grounds and garden at Brewhouse Yard. For this role enthusiasm for working with diverse groups of people in the open air is much more important than horticultural knowledge, as is an interest in the history of the gardens and site.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the Volunteer Lead with various tasks, such as interviewing potential volunteers, selecting, and running induction sessions (we will provide the training).with admin tasks (remotely and on site)
- Assisting the Volunteer Lead with recruitment day and outreach work
- Supporting volunteers on site (i.e. during first shifts, special events etc.)
- Working alongside groups of volunteers doing basic gardening and conservation tasks which will be introduced each week by a member of staff.
- Collecting tools etc. from the stores, and ensuring they are returned and cleaned at the end of the session.
The skills you need
- An interest in working on a heritage site.
- Ability to work in a team and take guidance from staff, being flexible in your approach to work and able to deal with busy situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing volunteers ensuring they receive sufficient support and achieve their goals.
- Be committed to the idea of volunteering and to being part of a fully diverse workforce
What’s in it for you
- Being part of a friendly team at Brewhouse Yard
- Learn more about the gardens at Brewhouse Yard.
- Develop your skills
- Gain experience of management, heritage sites and programmes
- Free tea and coffee while you’re volunteering. 10% discount in shop and cafe.
A good level of physical fitness is required for this role.