Christmas at Nottingham Castle
Saturday 25th November 23 –
Monday 1st January 24
(excludes Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Years Day – 25 / 26th December & 1st January)
Join us this festive season
- Get inspired at the It’s in Nottingham Christmas Market. Discover more & book tickets.
- Take a self-led walk with Christmas Through The Ages to discover 500 years of festive history
- Meet Santa or his friends at the Robin’s Retreat of Nottingham Castle
- Explore with our Nutcracker Indoor Trail
- Late night shopping in the Nottingham Castle shop until 8pm on select dates
- Festive Talk, ‘A History of Christmas’ with our Volunteer Lead, Sophie.
- ‘Make and take‘ activities in the vistor centre of the Castle on late night shopping days.
- Get inspired with gifts & treats in our cafés, stalls & shop
Come and see us between Saturday 25th November 23 & Sunday 31st December 23 to enjoy festive fun for your family and friends!
Christmas Through The Ages
A tour that allows visitors to step back in time and enjoy Christmas from the last 4 centuries. It will begin in the cave tour waiting area via the main Nottingham Castle entrance, then they will be escorted down Mort’s Hole, exiting at Brewhouse Yard where they will be invited through each room.
Friday / Saturday / Sunday in December
Price: £10 per person
Standard site admission applies.
A Talk at Nottingham Castle, called ‘Christmas Traditions’ with our Volunteer Lead, Sophie.
Wednesday 13th & 20th December
Talk start time: 6 pm
Talk length: 40 minutes – 1 hour
Price: £5 per person
Late night shopping will be available in the Visitor Centre on the evening for all your festive gifts.
Late Night Shopping
Late night shopping in the Nottingham Castle shop open until 8pm.
Open until 8pm on Wednesday 13th & 20th December.
Make and Take
Festive craft activities inside the Visitor Centre of the Castle, to entertain children when visiting for late night shopping on Wednesday 13th & 20th December
Evening: 6 pm – 8 pm
Activity charges apply
Café & shop
Get inspired with gifts & treats in the café and shop.
December is a perfect time of year to enjoy the seasonal changes including the frost on the trees within the Nottingham Castle grounds.
For Christmas & New Years Opening Hours, please see: www.nottinghamcastle.org.uk/christmas-new-years-opening-times