Our top 10 exciting digital additions
One of the things we’re most excited about everyone experiencing once we’re open is the awesome interactive and audio-visual additions to our galleries. From incredible games to spectacular projections, there’s something for everyone, and the new mixed and extended reality experiences will bring the stories of the Castle, Nottingham and, of course, Robin Hood, to life for each and every one of our visitors.
Discover our top 10 favourites (in no particular order!) and decide which ones you want to try.
1. Robin Hood Adventures’ digital “in the round” storytelling screens, will allow you to sit back and relax in a forest clearing and experience legends and ballads of Robin Hood as never before.
2. History comes to life in our Rebellion Gallery, as projected films featuring historical characters and images tell the story of Nottingham’s turbulent past.
3. Longbow at the ready! Take part in a mixed-reality archery competition to defeat your companions in our Robin Hood Adventures coach-arch gaming spaces.
4. After learning all about the history of Nottingham’s lace industry and walking the ‘catwalk’ of a hundred years of lace fashions in our beautiful Lace Gallery, become a work of art yourself as you take a selfie under our lace projection.
5. Get hands-on with the interactives in our Early Nottingham Craft Gallery and design your own digital masterpiece. Get a glimpse of the dramatic firing process of salt-glazed stoneware and make your own virtual pot.
6. Also, in our coach-arch gaming spaces, you’ll find Little John ready and waiting to challenge you to a sparring competition. Grab your quarterstaff and get involved!
7. The story of the city’s most tempestuous moments, as told in our Rebellion Gallery, is at your fingertips through a range of amazing interactive touchscreen experiences. You can also get up close and personal to our collections through incredible digital versions of the gallery’s objects.
8. View exquisite objects in their original environment in our Early Craft Gallery, where striking alabaster sculptures are displayed in front of a projected backdrop, capturing the medieval church they were discovered in.
9. Discover the inherent rebel spirit of the people of Nottingham through our Rebellion Gallery’s interactive touchscreen games.
10. Go back in time to 1368 Nottingham, with Robin Hood Adventures’ joystick-controlled tabletop games. Can you survive the dangers of 14th Century Nottingham?