Plan your Learning Visit
Spark curiosity, breathe fresh life into history, and get creative on a learning visit to Nottingham Castle.
Whether you want to book a workshop session led by an expert Explainer or lead your own group visit using our free resources, you’ll find all the information you need to organise your learning visit on this page.
What you can expect
Our curriculum-centred sessions, led by our Explainer team, bring the stories of Nottingham Castle to life and encourage creative, curious learning.
We offer a wide selection of sessions linked to a range of subjects for all Key Stages, including learners with additional needs.
Some elements can be made bespoke to fit your school’s curriculum – particularly those using our art galleries and collections.
Each session can cater for up to 35 students and tours of the Castle’s historic caves can be included.
More information on all of the Nottingham Castle learning workshops can be found below.
A self-led Learning visit to Nottingham Castle includes:
- Castle admission including the grounds and all galleries open that day.
- Timed ticket entry for Robin Hood Adventures
- Dedicated timetabled lunch space.
- Downloadable activities to use in the Art Gallery.
- Pre-visit online support, including resource suggestions and our ‘make the most of your day’ guide.
- Children can enjoy our brand-new play area and Explore trail.
What’s not included?
- Workshops – these can be booked for an additional cost.
- Cave Tours – tours can be booked for an additional cost.
Home educators can also enjoy a Self-Led Visit on weekdays, during term-time. One free parent per family.
|–||Visit + 2 workshops||Visit + 1 workshop||Self-Led Visit|
|KS 1 Teacher for every 6 pupils||Free||Free||Free|
|KS 2-4 Teacher for every 10 pupils||Free||Free||Free|
- 1 adult to 6 pupils for Key Stage 1
- 1 adult to 10 pupils for Key Stage 2 upwards
Adults within the supervisory ratios are free and SEND groups can set their own ratios.
Learning Bookings Terms and Conditions
Please read our Learning Terms and Conditions before booking your visit.
Ready to book?
Sessions are available for the following weeks.
Monday 8th February – Friday 12th February
Monday 22nd February – Thursday 1st April
Monday 19 April – Friday 28th May
Monday 7th June – Tuesday 27th July
Wednesday 1 September – Friday 15th October
Monday 1st November – Friday 17th December
Learning group rates are not available during weekends, bank holidays or school holiday dates.