Plan your Learning Visit
Everything you need to know when planning your Learning visit to Nottingham Castle.
From booking information to group admission costs, what’s included to term dates. Book workshop sessions led by our expert Explainers or lead your own group visit using our free resources.
What you can expect
Our curriculum-centred sessions, led by our Explainer team, will bring the stories of Nottingham Castle to life through creative, curious learning.
We offer a wide selection of sessions linked to a range of subjects for all Key Stages, including learners with additional needs, and can have some elements made bespoke to fit your school’s curriculum, particularly using our art galleries.
Each session can cater for up to 35 students and can include tours of the Castle’s historic caves.
More information on all of the Nottingham Castle learning workshops can be found below.
A self-led Learning visit to Nottingham Castle includes:
- Castle admission including the grounds and all galleries open that day.
- Timed ticket entry for the Robin Hood Adventures experience.
- Dedicated timetabled lunch space.
- Downloadable activities to use on gallery
- Pre-visit online support, including resource suggestions and our “make the most of your day” guide.
- Children can explore our brand new play area and Explore trail.
What’s not included?
- Workshops – these can be booked for an additional cost.
- Cave Tours – tours of the Castle dungeons and Mortimer’s Hole can be booked for an additional cost.
Home educators can also enjoy a Self-Led Visit on weekdays, during term-time. One free parent per family.
|–||Visit + 2 workshops||Visit + 1 workshop||Self-Led Visit|
|KS 1 Teacher for every 6 pupils||Free||Free||Free|
|KS 2-4 Teacher for every 10 pupils||Free||Free||Free|
- 1 adult to 6 pupils for Key Stage 1
- 1 adult to 10 pupils for Key Stage 2 upwards
Adults within the supervisory ratios are free and SEND groups can set their own ratios.
Learning Bookings Terms and Conditions
Please read our Learning Terms and Conditions before booking your visit.
Ready to book?
Sessions are available for the following weeks.
Monday 8th February – Friday 12th February
Monday 22nd February – Thursday 1st April
Monday 19 April – Friday 28th May
Monday 7th June – Tuesday 27th July
Wednesday 1 September – Friday 15th October
Monday 1st November – Friday 17th December
Learning group rates are not available during weekends, bank holidays or school holiday dates.