Key Stage 1-3 | Subject: Art and Design, Literacy | Topics: Art, Craft, Heritage
Join a member of the Castle team and explore over 2000 years of creativity, from Ancient Rome to the present day. Together we’ll learn to “read” paintings and objects, analyse hidden details and step inside the artwork to see it from the point-of-view of both artist and subject.
Please do come and talk to us how we can tailor this workshop to the topics you’re doing that term – we have artworks and objects for every curriculum area!
- Discover how objects can tell us something about ourselves and how they evoke feeling and meaning
- Learn about key pieces, how they were made and create your own response
- Learn about the talented artists and makers who created these works – and inspire makers of the future!
- Discover a range of artists, craft makers and designers
- Develop a wide range of art and design techniques
- Analyse and evaluate their own work, and that of others
- Learn about the history of art, craft, design and architecture
KS1-3 and can be fully adapted for students with SEND
Monday – Friday
Term time only
From September 2021
Up to 35 students