Key Stage 3 & 4 | Subject: Art and Design, History | Topics: Art, Craft, Heritage
Join a member of the Castle team as they explore what inspires and informs artists’ and makers’ practices and work. They’ll pick out some of their favourite pieces to discuss as a group and highlight works and objects that you might not dwell on without knowing and exploring the hidden stories behind the works.
Discover a hand-picked selection of works spanning from Medieval alabaster to modern art in this fun, informal and informative tour.
- Discover how objects can tell us something about ourselves and how they evoke feeling and meaning
- Learn about key pieces, how they were made and create your own response
- Learn about the talented artists and makers who created these works – and inspire makers of the future!
- Analyse and evaluate their own work, and that of others
- Learn about the history of art, craft, design and architecture
- Develop knowledge and understanding of art, craft and design in historical and contemporary contexts, societies and cultures
- Develop an awareness of the different roles and individual work practices evident in the production of art, craft and design in the creative and cultural industries
KS3-4 and can be fully adapted for students with SEND
Monday – Friday
Term time only
From September 2021
Up to 35 students