We can’t wait to welcome you
After being closed for the past few years undertaking a major redevelopment, Nottingham Castle, the grounds and caves will soon be reopening with a brand new, world-class experience.
Tickets are not yet on sale for Nottingham Castle’s reopening in Spring 2021 but to be the first to know when they are, why not sign up to our mailing list?
During the Covid-19 restrictions all tickets must be purchased in advance of visiting to help us keep visitors safe
Booking Terms and Conditions
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Nottingham Castle Trust” means Nottingham Castle Trust, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08764337 and charity number 1177745 and whose registered office is at Lenton Road, Nottingham, NG1 6EL.
Effect of agreement
- Nottingham Castle Trust intends to rely upon the written terms set out here. If you require any changes, please make sure you ask for these to be put in writing. In that way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what Nottingham Castle Trust and you the Customer is expected to do.
- The Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or Nottingham Castle Trust.
- Admission is only with a valid pre-booked timed entry ticket. Please ensure you arrive on time for your entry slot as we cannot guarantee entry if you are late.
- When collecting tickets from the admission desks at Nottingham Castle you must produce the booking confirmation issued when your tickets were booked online.
- Safety measures are always to be adhered to.
- All children under the age of 12 years must always be accompanied by a responsible person aged 18 or over.
- Visitors with disabilities will be charged the concession rate and can be accompanied by one assistant free of charge upon request and when verification of disability is shown.
- Visitors are admitted on condition that, if requested to do so, they consent to security checks on themselves and/or their belongings. Management reserves the right to confiscate any item deemed as unsuitable or unsafe for use within the Castle grounds.
- Photography for commercial use is not permitted without the expressed permission of Nottingham Castle Trust.
- Nottingham Castle Trust will not tolerate physical or verbal threats towards its staff and operate a complete zero tolerance policy. Any visitors behaving inappropriately will be denied access to or told to leave the site immediately without refund being made.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited both indoors and outdoors across the whole site.
- All dogs must always be kept on a lead. Assistance dogs are allowed in all areas across the site. Well behaved pet dogs are only allowed in the Visitor Centre; outdoors, excluding the play area, and the outside café seating areas.
Single Entry Tickets
- A Single Entry Ticket is valid for the day and time of entry only.
- Single Entry Tickets are not interchangeable or transferable for any reason.
- Single Entry Tickets are non-refundable.
- Nottingham Castle Trust reserves the right to request proof of age and address to ensure the correct ticket type is purchased.
- Single Entry Ticket holders will only be permitted into the Castle Grounds on production of their Single Entry Ticket valid on the day of entry.
- Some attractions are not included in the Single Entry Ticket price (Robin Hood Adventures and Cave Tours) for which a reasonable charge is made.
- Children under 5 are free but require a ticket and must be accompanied by an adult Single Entry Ticket holder.
- Single Entry Ticket holders are subject to the same rules and regulations which apply to all visitors to the Park. These may be subject to change at any time at the discretion of the management.
- Nottingham Castle Trust reserves the right to refuse any application for Single Entry Ticket, without giving any reason.
- We reserve the right to remove any offers and benefits at any time without prior notice.
- An Annual Pass is valid for 12 months from the date of your first visit.
- Annual Passes are not interchangeable or transferable for any reason.
- Annual Passes are non-refundable.
- Nottingham Castle Trust reserves the right to request proof of age and address to ensure the correct pass type is purchased.
- Annual Pass holders will only be permitted into the Castle Grounds on production of their valid Annual Pass.
- Some attractions are not included in the Annual Pass price (Robin Hood Gallery and Cave Tours) for which a reasonable charge is made.
- Lost or forgotten or stolen cards will be replaced at a cost of £2.00.
- Children under 5 are free but require a ticket and must be accompanied by an adult annual pass holder.
- Annual Pass holders are subject to the same rules and regulations which apply to all visitors to the Park. These may be subject to change at any time at the discretion of the management.
- Nottingham Castle Trust reserves the right to refuse any application for an Annual Pass or renewal thereof, or to withdraw any Annual Pass at any time, without giving any reason.
- We reserve the right to remove any offers and benefits at any time without prior notice
Robin Hood Adventures, Cave Tours and other events
- Admission is only with a valid pre-booked ticket.
- When collecting tickets from the admission desks at Nottingham Castle you must be able to produce to Nottingham Castle Trust staff the produce the booking confirmation issued when your tickets were booked online.
- Admission tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- We are unable to give refunds for unattended bookings.
- Admission tickets purchased online are only valid for use on the date and time shown,
- Admission tickets purchased online are only valid for the specified number and type of persons as stated on the tickets.
- It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to check the ticket before arrival. It may not be possible to rectify errors on the day of the visit.
- Children under 5 are free but require a ticket and must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Tickets must be printed on paper with a fully legible barcode or shown on a smartphone. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that smartphones are fully charged and able to correctly present a digital ticket.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Please redeem online at www.nottinghamcastle.org.uk. If unsuccessful, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance of your preferred visit date.
- Gift Vouchers may be exchanged for admission tickets of equivalent value or of higher value, on payment of the difference. No change will be given.
- To cancel your tickets in accordance with your legal right to do you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to e-mail us at email@example.com. Please include details of your order to help us to identify it. Your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail.
- If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning 0115 876 1450 or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address provided. We will reply within 7 days.
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel the Contract between us under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want a Ticket, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract between us and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel this Contract is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Acceptance Email (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your Ticket order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract is any time within 14 working days beginning on the day after you receive the Acknowledgement Email.
- If you cancel your Contract we will refund you, no later than 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract, the price you paid for the Tickets.
- We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the ticket we may refund you in vouchers.
- In the event that entry to Nottingham Castle is not possible due to reasons outside of our reasonable control, we shall not be responsible for any travelling costs you may incur. An event outside our reasonable control means any act or event including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, strikes or industrial action by third parties, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat of war, civil commotion, riot, invasion, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
- If you choose to donate to Nottingham Castle Trust or support an appeal, many thanks for supporting us.
Company Registration Details
Registered in at Companies House, Cardiff.
Nottingham Castle Trust
Nottingham Castle, Lenton Road, Nottingham, United Kingdom, NG1 6EL
Registration Number: 08764337
Registered with the Charities Commission for England and Wales
Registration Name: Nottingham Castle Trust
Charity Number: 1177745
Registered for VAT with HM Revenue and Customs
VAT number: GB 348123213
Changes to terms and conditions
Nottingham Castle Trust reserves the right to change terms and conditions at any time.