We can’t wait to welcome you
Having been closed for an exciting £30 million upgrade and redevelopment, Nottingham Castle is set to reopen on 21 June, offering a brand new, world-class visitor experience.
Included in your Nottingham Castle ticket is access to:
- The Castle’s glorious grounds, where you can follow a variety of brand-new self-led trails, suitable for all the family.
- Our amazing, naturally constructed adventure playground, Hood’s Hideout, which promises hours of fun and discovery for children of all ages, all year round.
- World-leading exhibition spaces, bringing to life 1,000 years of Nottingham history and showcasing world-class art; the Rebellion Gallery, Early Nottingham Craft Gallery, Nottingham Lace Gallery, Collections Gallery, Art Gallery and the Museum of the Mercian Regiment Gallery
- “Hello, My Name is Paul Smith” – an exhibition on the extraordinary world of Paul Smith, and the first of an ever-changing programme of must-see exhibitions and pioneering works from a range of international artists in our Temporary Exhibitions space
- The ‘LAB’ – a unique and special space which brings together the rich stories of Nottingham Castle and the daring, creative minds of Nottingham Trent University
- The beautiful Terrace Café, situated inside the magnificent Ducal Palace, with panoramic views of the city and beyond
Entry slots are every 15 minutes, starting at 10am. Last entry is one hour before closing.
Admission to the Robin Hood Adventures (entry slots are every 30 minutes, starting at 10.15am. Allow 30 minutes for this experience) and Castle Cave Tours (entry slots are every 40 minutes, starting at 10.20am. Allow 25 minutes for this experience) are bookable in addition to your Nottingham Castle ticket.
Visitors don’t need to purchase a ticket to gain entry to our new state-of-the art Visitor Centre. Here, you can browse beautiful bespoke products sourced from artisan craftspeople based in Nottingham, the UK and around the world in our Castle Shop, and refuel in the Coffee Shop, with a light bite or snack.
Nottingham residents living in a Nottingham postcode district of NG1 to NG9 and NG11 can receive a 10% discount. Please apply the discount code CITYRES10 during checkout. IMPORTANT – Proof of residence will be required. Please bring a council tax or utilities bill with you when you visit to show to our Admissions Team.
Art Fund Pass holders can book general admission tickets by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time that you wish to visit the Castle.
If you would like to speak with us about our pay what you can afford scheme please email email@example.com or speak to a member of our Customer Service team in the Visitor Centre. We will also be running free open days during the year such as the Heritage Open Day scheme in September, please visit the website again nearer the time for more details.
As a charity we will be able to claim Gift Aid on tickets purchased by UK tax-payers who are willing to make an additional 10% donation on top of the standard ticket price. This is a voluntary donation which will be applied at checkout if you choose to Gift Aid your purchase.
Due to Covid-19 we have only released Nottingham Castle tickets until the end of August. We are being cautious in case there is a third wave or surge in the cases caused by the Delta variant. We will be constantly reviewing the situation and hopefully releasing September tickets soon.
If you have any issues with booking your tickets, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our ticketing terms and conditions, click here.
During the Covid-19 restrictions, all tickets must be purchased in advance. This will help us to keep all visitors safe and secure.
|Senior / Concession||£12.00|
|Family (2 Adults and up to 3 children)||£35.50|
|Family (1 Adult and up to 3 children)||£22.50|
Robin Hood Adventures
|Adult / Senior / Concession||£3.00|
|Family (2 Adults and up to 3 children)||£8.50|
|Family (1 adult and up to 3 children)||£5.50|
Castle Cave Tours
|Adult / Senior / Concession||£5.00|
|Family (2 Adults and up to 3 children)||£14.00|
|Family (1 adult and up to 3 children)||£9.00|
Concessions are available for:
- Students 18+ in fulltime education
- Seniors 65+
- People with disabilities
- (Registered carers will be offered a complimentary ticket upon providing proof of their official status)
Free entry is available for: