Outdoor Garden Volunteer – Nottingham CastleGo to Nottingham City Museums
We’re looking for friendly and enthusiastic outdoor volunteers with an interest in horticulture, wildlife, conservation, and heritage to work alongside our outdoor team. You’ll be helping with the gardens and grounds at Nottingham Castle and Brewhouse Yard, doing a range of gardening activities, helping direct visitors and assisting with events.
Why we want you
We are looking for people with an interest in horticulture, wildlife, conservation, and heritage to work alongside our outdoor team.
What you will be doing
- Basic horticultural maintenance tasks such as planting, pruning, weeding, edging, caring for borders etc.
- Some aspects of general park and garden maintenance (no machinery used) such as clearing overgrown areas, general tidying, litter clearing, wildlife conservation, grounds maintenance.
- Providing a friendly face for visitors and answering questions they many have
- Being around on special days to talk to visitors about the gardens
The skills you need
- A pleasant and helpful manner and a willingness to learn
- A keen interest in gardening and or/parks maintenance
- Ability to work in a team and to take guidance from staff and Lead Volunteers
- Physical fitness to do parctical outside tasks with minimal supervision
What’s in it for you
- Shifts are available weekdays 10 am – 3.00pm
- Meet new people and have the opportunity to socialise with fellow volunteers. You will be part of a team of volunteers from all ages and backgrounds
- Stay fit and healthy by working out of doors
- Build your experience of working in an outdoor heritage environment.
- Free tea and coffee while on site. Discount in shop and cafe.
A basic level of health and fitness is required for this role.